ISSA STEAK NIGHT!
So you guys pretty much went crazy over this on Friday, so I might as well share the love. Skirt steak is literally my favorite cut of beef. Now don’t get me wrong, filet is alright but the texture is just off for me. If I went to a steakhouse and had a choice, skirt steak wins every single time. Not just any old skirt steak though, it has to be churrasco with chimichurri sauce. Ugh! The sauce is just amazing.
My first time having it was at my engagement dinner, I knew I loved skirt steak but they had this weird green shit that came with it. My right titty Cynise told me that it was really good so I trusted her judgement. Oh, btw my right titty basically means my best friend. ( the hubby is my left) The combination of this beefy ass beef and this weird green shit was the most DELECTABLE thing I had ever eaten. Now it’s pretty much my go to when we go out to eat.
One thing I hate about going out for steak is that it is so DAYUM expensive, I get it the sweaty guy in the back needs to get paid for his steak finessing skills. BUT GUESS WHAT?! Shawty is cheap and I learned how to make it on my own.
(sidebar) I have these annoying ass claw nails and I am having THEE hardest time typing this out. Like how do yall do this? If I backspace one more damn time, I’m ripping them off.
ANYHOO, Let’s get to the recipe.
Churrasco & Chimichurri Sauce
Juice from one lemon
juice from one lime
2 tablespoons of oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper (you can change the amount of salt, I just don’t know the status of your blood pressure)
1 tablespoon Cumin
For the Sauce
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh oregano,
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- ½ cup good-quality olive oil
- WASH THAT GOT DAMN MEAT
- Season steak with salt, pepper, oregano, & cumin on both sides
- Add juice of one lemon and one lime
- cover in a bowl and let it marinate for at LEAST an hour
- Prepare the chimichurri
- Mix all of the chimichurri ingredients into a food processor and pulse until desired texture and set aside
- heat your grill pan (I used the two burner flat top) Double burner grill link
- add two tablespoons of olive oil
- When oil is hot place the skirt steak onto the grill ( I cut mine in half)
- cook until desired doneness (I did mine medium…it was juicccyyyyy)
- Remove from grill and let it rest about 5-10 minutes
- Plate with desired sides and add chimichurri on top!
I sautéed peppers and onions while my steak was grilling. I made white rice and black beans as sides.