Jerk Chicken Quesadillazz
So, you guys have been driving me insane about posting my recipes so I guessssss I’ll share the love.
But, what if i didn’t? If I share all the juju who’s going to come over and eat all of this delicious food with me. Of course I have the hubby, but I love entertaining our friends. Since it’s Monday and gloomy, I might as well share a sprinkle of sunshine your way and tell you how to make my favorite jerk chicken quesadillas.
This recipe is super simple and perfect for a week night meal. I have to admit I am a bootleg cook. I totally use pre-mixed seasonings during the week, and you know what that’s totally fine. Do what’s best for you and don’t let others (myself included) shame you for using a little lawry’s. However, if you are entertaining it’s best to use fresh ingredients, but I’m totally here to help you with that.
Soo Jerk Chicken Quesadilllazzzzz
(Also, please adjust according to how many people you are serving, it’s my first time doing this so my measurements may not be super exact, but ya’ll know the magic of shaking that seasoning on til it looks about the right color) This recipe makes 4 quesadillas, perfect to have some leftover for lunch the next day.
2 packs of thin sliced chicken breast
1 pack 10 in (the burrito size) flour tortillas
1 pack shredded cheese (I used pepper jack, the hubby prefers cheddar but who cares)
2 Teaspoons Grace Jerk Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Grace Chicken Seasoning
1/4 Cup Grace Jerk Marinade
- WASH YOUR CHICKEN IN WATER AND VINEGAR ( I will JUDGE the shit out of you if you use meat right out of the package..it ain’t right)
- Once the chicken is washed, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine dry seasonings with the chicken and let it marinade for a few minutes.
- While your chicken is settling, turn on your skillet. Now you can use a frying pan, but I have this cool two burner cast iron grill / flat top thing from Bed Bath Beyond. Spray with Olive oil cooking spray.
- Once the skillet is hot, add your chicken. Let it cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the heat and cut into smaller pieces.
- Return the chicken back to the stove and add your Grace Jerk Chicken Marinade, and cook until slightly blackened.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Spray a little more cooking oil onto the skillet. Place tortilla down and sprinkle desired cheese on ONE HALF of the tortilla. Add the chicken and sprinkle with a little more cheese, then fold the tortilla over.
- Let cheese melt on each side for about 3 minutes. (please watch or it’ll burn!)
- Remove quesadilla from heat and cut into triangles.
- Serve with your favorite sides. I’ve made these with rice and beans, quac, sour cream, and salsa. The possibilities are pretty much endless.
I Hope you guys like it! IF you have any questions or need advice on how to make it drop me a comment!